Steps to becoming a consignor
Step 1: Get a consignor number
Previous consignors: If you have consigned with us before or registered for a number before:
New consignors: If you have never registered for a consignor number
Step 2: Acceptable and unacceptable items
Please note that we will be accepting household decorative items (please note below what we do not accept) as well as household and children’s furniture.
In order to maintain a high quality sale and to increase your profitability, we will no longer accept any defective items, specifically those with stains. In the event such items are found on the racks during the sale, they will be pulled and donated! Before you spend your valuable time tagging your items, please inspect your clothing in a very well-lit area to be sure it meets our guidelines. ****Please smell your items. They cannot smell of smoke, mildew, pets or any other bad smell.
- At the fall sale events, we will accept pants, capris, long shorts (to the knee for back to school), short sleeve shirts, light-weight long sleeves, light-weight jackets, light-weight hoodies (no new sleeveless items, no new short summery-shorts, no new swimsuits; no heavy winter materials including fleece, velvet/velour, fur).
- LIMIT 70 hanging items per sex, sizes 12 months and under only (no bagged items of baby clothing). Any cloth item (blankets, onesies, grocery cart covers and bedding sets) should be hung.
- Please note that junior sizes are generally odd numbers (3,5,7,9) and misses sizes are even. The brands we accept in the junior clothing are: Aeropostale, American Eagle/Aerie, Old Navy, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Arizona, Pink, Pac Sun, Rue 21, West Seal, Body Central, Charlotte Russe, Lucky, Levi jeans, Buckle (BKE, Big Star, Silver, Miss Me), Juicy, Journeys & Fossil.
- We are only accepting junior sizes in the above brands in the junior category. Please do not bring ladies or misses clothing as we cannot accept these items in the junior category.
- Adult clothing — you may bring 15 pieces of adult clothing to these sales (men’s, women’s – a total of 15 items, including scrubs. The adult clothing must be newer: purchased within in the past 3 years).
- Maternity clothes and/or nursing (breastfeeding) clothing (LIMIT 15 items per consignor)
- Children’s Equipment
- beds, strollers, high chairs, furniture, potty chairs, etc
- Seasonal shoes in great condition
- newborn through teen size 13
- LIMIT 10 pair of shoes per sex (5 pair to be put out at drop-off; the others will be put in the back to restock the shoe shelves all week)
- tennis shoes must be in excellent condition (i.e. show NO wear)!
- limit 20 for each consignor; we will provide a display near the register area
- need to be attached to an index card, double hole punched so that it can be placed on a peg
- please do not put your website, company name or phone number on the bows
- Sports equipment or fitness equipment
- Purses – must be in excellent condition: absolutely NO marks, tears or imperfections
- batteries must be included (if needed) and toys must be in good working condition
- children’s only; LIMIT 30 books
- adult books: LIMIT 10 (included in the 30 total limit); MUST be priced $2 or less
- please price them individually
- please no free books from Chick-Fil-A, etc.
- must be in their original case
- children’s movies only (no rated “R” movies or Not Rated movies with adult content)
- Home School Curriculum
- Framed Pictures
- must have been purchased in the last 5 years
- Household decorations
- must have been purchased in the last 5 years
- Sofas in excellent condition and free of smoke or other foul odors
- Bedroom furniture
- headboards must have the bedframes with them
- Wood or iron furniture
- Clothes need to be current styles, clean, smell fresh and be pressed. Buttons and zippers need to be closed. Shoes must be clean and in excellent condition. Toys which require batteries must include them. Bedding must be in a clear plastic bag. Baby furniture, equipment and toys should be clean, have all parts and any small pieces should be in a Ziploc bag, securely attached to the main part with packaging tape. Equipment needs to be completely assembled at drop-off. If you bring a car seat, please call the Dept. of Transportation at 800-424-9393 to make sure it has not been recalled.
- Fashion scarves
- Formal dresses – we will no longer accept formal dresses priced over $35 and they will just be placed within the size
- Cell phone/iPad/electronics cases – we will no longer accept cases for electronic equipment
- Breast pumps – we will no longer be accepting breast pumps
- VHS movies
- Baby beds with drop-down sides. (Even if they have been fixed, if they have ever been drop-side, we cannot accept them.)
- Clothing from destination locations (ie from the beach or other vacation spot)
- Clothing with a printed date more than 2 years ago (ie 2012 Fall Bash)
- Adult movies (Rated R) or movies without a case with the movie title clearly marked on the outside
- Clothing that smells bad, is torn, stained, faded or out of date
- Battery-operated toys without the batteries
- Stuffed animals
- Grab bags of fast food toys
- Underwear (unless it’s in the original package)
- Sofas that are old or have a foul odor
- Mattress sets (except children’s crib and toddler mattresses)
- Headboards without the remaining bedframe
- Curtains or curtain rods, blinds, any window treatments
- Floral arrangements
- Placemats, tablecloths, table runners
- Brass items
- Dishes, canister sets
- Computers or related equipment
- Telephones or answering machines (unless they are children’s)
- Partially burned candles
- Children’s jewelry
- Children’s party packages (invitations, decorations, etc)
- Baby formula
- Items from the Dollar Tree or similar store
Step 3: Tagging
You can now print computer generated, barcoded tags on card stock! When you login to your consignor account, you will click on the down arrow beside “menu”, “work with consigned inventory,” “add items”, then choose PC or Mobile Version. Enter the information it requests (fill-in-the-blank format).
Please read the directions that follow to learn how to hang your clothes and where to place your tag.
Please note: if you are coming to more than one sale, please enter your inventory into the first sale you are attending and then you can transfer whatever doesn’t sell to the next sale.
Supplies Required: white card stock (heavier-weight 8 1/2 x 11″ paper), clear packaging tape, safety pins (1 inch or longer), hangers
- Preferably, please put clothing on wire hangers (Sizes 12 months and smaller can be on plastic hangers). With the hanger hook pointing to the left (see Picture 1 below) place tag on the right shoulder. Wire hangers can be found at the dry cleaner and some consignment stores. If you cannot find enough wire hangers, please save what you do have for your pants or outfits. If you use plastic hangers, pants must be secured to the hanger either by using the clip hangers, safety pinning them above the cross section of a “H” hanger (see Picture 2) or using large safety pins to pin them to the plastic hangers as shown in the diagram below.
- Please secure larger clothing items such as maternity or dresses and junior tops to the hanger with safety pins. They will not sell if they are on the floor.
- Outfits and sets should be securely pinned together by hanging the shirt first, then turn the hanger over and pin the pants by the waist to the backside of the hanger, with the safety pin catching the hanger to support the pants. This will help support the pants while allowing both pieces to be viewed without unpinning them. Pin shorts or pants sold alone to the top of the hanger as well.
- Refer to video below
- Please use computer-generated tags. This makes your check more accurate and enables you to view your sales on-line. (Please note: computer-printed tags will be slightly smaller than 3×5.)
- If you are using safety pins: Use one inch or larger safety pins to pin on the tags (no tiny gold pins), placing the pin horizontally and catching the garment and the card twice. If you are using a tagging gun: place the tagging barb ONLY into the manufacturers tag or into a seem so that you do not damage the clothing.
- You set the price of all items: PRICE TO SELL! Use $1 increments (no 50 cents or 99 cents, etc). Ask yourself, “Would I buy what I’m bringing at the price I am asking? We recommend 1/2 to 1/4 of the retail price. (Please keep in mind that you don’t want to bring your items back home so price them to go!) We encourage you to mark the item “Discount: Yes” as many people come back and are looking for the items on sale! **YOU MAY NOT CHANGE THE TAG ONCE IT IS BROUGHT INTO THE STORE SO PLEASE DECIDE ON THE PRICE AND “Discount: Yes or No” BEFORE YOU BRING THE ITEM IN.**
- Group small items together in a ziploc bag with the card pinned on the outside. Use clear packaging tape to seal the top secure and to keep small hands out! Pin the tag to the outside of the bag.
- Connect shoes together with a large safety pin, yarn, zip tie or twist tie, then pin the tag to the connector. Please tape over the safety pin or other connector as tags on shoes are most often lost. Please do not use plastic bags. Shoes should be clean and in excellent condition. Only sizes newborn through teen size 13 will be accepted. (LIMIT 5 pair of each sex). No adult shoes.
- Car Seats: Car seats are good for 6 years. Please check your manufacture or good through date. We will accept car seats with 1 year of good life remaining. Also, if you bring a car seat, please call the Dept. of Transportation at 800-424-9393 to make sure the seat has not been recalled.
Step 4: Dropoff
All items need to be tagged and ready to be hung on our racks when they come into the store.
Ashland Sale (Kyova Mall): You may bring your items any time on Friday, July 24 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. OR Saturday, July 25 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We’d encourage you to not bring your children to drop-off if at all possible. Please do not wait until late on Saturday evening (4-5 p.m.) to drop-off as you will have a long wait.
Tri- Area Sale: You may bring your items on Friday, August 21 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Saturday, August 22 from 9 to 5 p.m. We’d encourage you to not bring your children to drop-off if at all possible. Please do not wait until late on Saturday evening (4-5 p.m.) to drop-off as you will have a long wait.
All items will be inspected for cleanliness and proper tagging. In order to maintain a high quality sale and increase your profitability, we will no longer accept any defective items, specifically items with stains. If they are found during inspection, they will be returned to you that day. If they are found on the racks during the sale (after being missed during inspection), they will be pulled and available to be picked up with your other items after the sale is over (you must request them). They will also show up on your sold items report as sold for $0.01 or $0.00.
It is your responsibility to hang your clothes in the appropriate location as well as putting out all of your other items. You will also be responsible for setting up any baby equipment (furniture, cribs, beds, etc) that you may bring to the sale. Please allow plenty of time for drop-off.
Restocking/Late Drop-off: The Ashland (Kyova Mall) restocking will be on Tuesday, July 28 from 4 pm to 6:30 p.m. The Tri-State Area (Kyova) restocking will be on August 25 from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Step 5: Pre-sale
Ashland Sale (Kyova Mall): All consignors are welcome to the pre sale on Sunday, July 26 from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. One-shift volunteers my shop at 1:30 p.m. Volunteers working 2 shifts may shop at 1 p.m. Volunteers working 3 shifts (with one of them being a sorting shift) may shop at 12:30 p.m. You will also receive a guest pass for a friend and the guests can arrive beginning at 4:30 on Sunday. There will be a ½ off pre-sale on Thursday, July 30 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for you and a guest. Volunteers shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 4 p.m. Double shift volunteers shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 3 p.m. Volunteers working 3 shifts may shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 2:30 p.m. (YOU MAY NOT SHOP 1/2 OFF UNTIL YOUR DESIGNATED TIME: 2:30 p.m. for triple shift volunteers; 3 p.m. for double shift volunteers; 4 p.m. for single shift volunteers; 4 p.m. for all consignors and guests. Please present your pass at the door when you arrive and before you check out.)
Tri-State Area Sale (Kyova Mall): All consignors are welcome to the pre sale on Sunday, August 23 from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. One-shift volunteers my shop at 1:30 p.m. Volunteers working 2 shifts may shop at 1 p.m. Volunteers working 3 shifts (with one of them being a sorting shift) may shop at 12:30 p.m. You will also receive a guest pass for a friend and the guests can arrive beginning at 4:30 on Sunday. There will be a ½ off pre-sale on Thursday, August 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. for you and a guest. Volunteers shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 4 p.m. Double shift volunteers shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 3 p.m. Volunteers working 3 shifts may shop the 1/2 off pre-sale at 2:30 p.m. (YOU MAY NOT SHOP 1/2 OFF UNTIL YOUR DESIGNATED TIME: 2:30 p.m. for triple shift volunteers; 3 p.m. for double shift volunteers; 4 p.m. for single shift volunteers; 4 p.m. for all consignors and guests. Please present your pass at the door when you arrive and before you check out.)
Step 6: Your money and pickup
Ashland (Kyova Mall): Pick up your checks, along with any unsold items on Thursday, Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All items not picked up will be donated unless other arrangements are made.
Tri-State Area: Pick up your checks, along with any unsold items on Sept. 3 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All items not picked up will be donated unless other arrangements are made.
Consignor policy and information
- Participants receive 70% of the sales price less a $5 consignor fee. There will also be a $5 sorting fee taken out of your check if you do not work 1 hour of sorting or 2 hours during the sale.
- The consignors presale is for participants who bring at least 10 accepted items or a large item, such as furniture
- Kids Sale will not be held responsible for any damage caused by fire, flood, or any other unforeseen circumstance.