Consignment is a great way to make money for your gently used and outgrown children’s clothing, furniture, toys and baby equipment as well as your maternity clothing and household furniture. We all know how quickly children outgrow their items and how expensive these items are in retail stores!
Consignment provides an opportunity to buy great items for your children and yourself at discount prices! Consignors receive 70% of the sales price less a $5 participation fee plus they get the chance to shop before the sale opens to the public (there is an additional $5 fee if you cannot give us 1 hour to help sort the items at the end of the sale). You are in control – you set the price for your items. All of the advertising and selling hassles are taken care of for you.
Call 740-646-5225 today to find out how to start making money on your children’s and furniture items.
Summer 2022 Sales
We will be accepting adult clothing once again at our Summer sales.
- We cannot accept the following categories at the South Point location: Boyd’s Bears, Longaberger baskets, blankets or any bedding (including throw pillows and other “adult” pillows), glass items, random “miscellaneous” household items. Home décor needs to have been purchased from Hobby Lobby or similar store within the past 3-5 years. Dated décor will not be accepted.
- Purses, backpacks & bags will be limited to 5 per consignor number.
- DVD’s will be limited to 30 per consignor number.
- Books: we will not be accepting any adult books, only children’s. The limit remains at 30 per consignor number.
- Any upholstered items should be pre-approved by texting a picture and price to Lydia at 740-646-5225.
- We will not be able to accept face masks or PPP at the South Point location.
- Junior and Adult clothing: We will be accepting 30 items per sex, above children’s size 18, per consignor number. So, 60 total items, a total of 15 could be “adult” brands. For example, you may bring 30 approved brand female junior items, 30 approved brand male junior items. Or, you may bring 15 female junior items and 15 female adult items, along with 30 male junior items. Junior athletic clothing, specifically the following brands: Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Champion, will NOT be limited in number.
- “Stuffed” items still have to be sanitized in the state of Ohio. We will not be accepting comforters or quilts which are not specifically for a child. Any stuffed item (such as cloth baby books, dolls, etc) will need to be $10 or more to sell at the South Point location (since we will be required to sanitize it). THIS ONLY APPLIES TO STUFFED/QUILTED ITEMS and ONLY applies at the South Point, Ohio location!!!!
- We will accept sleeping bags and children’s (not infant) bedding at this sale.
Please note that we will be accepting household decorative items as well as household and children’s furniture.
In order to maintain a high quality sale and to increase your profitability, we will no longer accept any defective items, specifically those with stains. In the event such items are found on the racks during the sale, they will be pulled and donated! Before you spend your valuable time tagging your items, please inspect your clothing in a very well-lit area to be sure it meets our guidelines. ****Please smell your items. They cannot smell of smoke, mildew, pets or any other bad smell.
- At the summer sale, we will accept shorts, capris, pants, short sleeve shirts, sleeveless shirts, light-weight jackets, light-weight hoodies, swimsuits. The only long sleeve shirts we’ll be accepting are specifically Nike, Under Armour, Adidas (only those brands) dri-Fit shirts. (NO long sleeve dress shirts, NO long sleeve t-shirts, NO heavy winter items, NO fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas-themed clothing or décor).
We have a great incentive if you volunteer for any 4-hour sorting shift: you receive $20 in Angel Bucks (gift certificates to use at any Kid’s Sale) as well as you receive your consignor check as soon as you complete your shift — instead of waiting until Thursday, the regular pick-up day!!! (If you choose this option, you would not shop early.)
The sorting shifts for the Ashland sale are:
- Sunday, June 12, noon to 4 p.m., 1 to 5 p.m.
- Monday, June 13, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The sorting shifts for the Tri-State sale are:
- Monday, May 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Additional notes …
Toggle/click any of the items below for more information:
Facebook Fans may now shop our pre-sale before we open to the public. Facebook Fans may shop the Sunday before we open to the public at 4:30 pm. Just bring your phone, iPad or other electronic device and show us that you are a fan of Kid’s Sale and are receiving our notifications and you may shop at your designated time!
For anyone wanting to volunteer and not consigning, there will be a $25 deposit fee per shift charged at the door on pre-sale Sunday. This money will be returned to you upon the completion of your shift(s). This is to help cover your shift in the chance that you are not able to fulfill your commitment.
Are you too busy to tag your own items? Just contact us and we’ll tag your items. You will receive 50%, less the regular consignor fees. You will still be able to shop the pre-sale as a consignor and can pick-up your check 2-5 days after the sale is over or choose to have it mailed to you. We will tag as many as we can on a first come, first serve basis (the sooner we get them, the more likely it is to have them tagged and included the next sale). We will not be able to accept any items to be tagged later than 2 weeks before drop-off. Just call or text us at 740-646-5225 to make arrangements. You need to provide your items in boxes or bags clearly marked with your name and need to provide hangers to place your items on (or we can provide hangers for 11 cents each).